ChickenStress at ESPW 2023
Our talented ChickenStress ESRs presented their project posters at engaging sessions on 27th and 28th June 2023. Here are the details of the posters and presenters;
Predicting stress sensitivity of laying hens by identifying genetic, incubation and rearing factors
I. Bouba, H. van den Brand, B. Kemp, TB. Rodenburg, B. Visser
Effects of early-life experiences on micro-circuitry in avian forebrain areas involved in stress regulation
E. Liubishkin, N. Marples, S. Preston, TV. Smulders, MO. Cunningham
Development of corticotropin-releasing factor brain systems and relationship to variations in stress response with age in chicken
AH. Metwalli, A. Pross, E. Desfilis, A. Abellán, L. Medina
Hippocampal immediate–early gene induction and HPA-axis activation in response to acute stress in chickens
K. Santiago Gonzalez, T. Boswell, TV. Smulders
Functional and informative interaction between Avian Influenza factors discovered by the applications of Bayesian networks
EA. Videla Rodríguez, VA. Smith
Chicken amygdala: from neural mechanisms regulating emotions to welfare
A. Pross, AH. Metwalli, A. Abellán, E. Desfilis, L. Medina
Additionally, six of our ESRs graced the stage, they delivered well received talks that delved deep into their research.
- 15:15 Lucille Dumontier, 'Environmental complexity during rearing and laying: effects on stress responsivity and fearfulness in laying hens.'
- 11:45 Kathy Broekmeulen, 'Effects of hatching system factors on laying hen chicks in a step detour test.'
- 14:15 Maëva Manet, 'Brown and white layer pullet hybrids show different fear responses towards humans, but what role does light during incubation play in that?'
- 9:45 Alex Johny, 'Use of artificial light cues improve early life ramp use behaviour of laying hens in rearing aviaries.'
- 11:20 Endre Putyora, 'Laying hens display resilience to sleep disruption.'
- 11:35 Klara Grethen, 'Fat and furious: Dominant hens gain more weight over time in aviaries.'
With their expertise and passion, our ESRs will undoubtedly contribute to the vibrant discussions surrounding poultry welfare at this symposium.
Last modified: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:19:42 BST